Saturday 14 June 2008

childe hassam The Sonata painting

childe hassam The Sonata painting
Pablo Picasso Two Women Running on the Beach The Race painting
At last, though long, our jarring notes agree:And time it is, when raging war is done,To smile at scapes and perils overblown.My fair Bianca, bid my father welcome,While I with self-same kindness welcome thine.Brother Petruchio, sister Katharina,And thou, Hortensio, with thy loving widow,Feast with the best, and welcome to my house:My banquet is to close our stomachs up,After our great good cheer. Pray you, sit down;For now we sit to chat as well as eat.
PETRUCHIO
Nothing but sit and sit, and eat and eat!
BAPTISTA
Padua affords this kindness, son Petruchio.
PETRUCHIO
Padua affords nothing but what is kind.
For both our sakes, I would that word were true.
PETRUCHIO
Now, for my life, Hortensio fears his widow.
Widow
Then never trust me, if I be afeard.
PETRUCHIO
You are very sensible, and yet you miss my sense:I mean, Hortensio is afeard of you.
Widow

No comments: