Monday 2 June 2008

Picasso Two Women Running on the Beach The Race painting

Picasso Two Women Running on the Beach The Race painting
Manet Two Roses On A Tablecloth painting
Manet Flowers In A Crystal Vase painting
Chase Chase Summertime painting
Oh, not exactly. I don't know that the arts have a milieu here, any of them; they're more like a very thinly settled outskirt.''
``But you care for such things?''
``Immensely. When I'm in Paris or London I never miss an exhibition. I try to keep up.''
She looked down at the tip of the little satin boot that peeped from her long draperies.
``I used to care immensely too: my life was full of such things. But now I want to try not to.''
``You want to try not to?''
``Yes: I want to cast off all my old life, to become just like everybody else here.''
Archer reddened. ``You'll never be like everybody else,'' he said.
She raised her straight eyebrows a little. ``Ah, don't say that. If you knew how I hate to be different!''
Her face had grown as sombre as a tragic mask. She leaned forward, clasping her knee in her thin hands, and looking away from him into remote dark distances.
``I want to get away from it all,'' she insisted.
He waited a moment and cleared his throat. ``I know. Mr. Letterblair has told me.''

No comments: