Wednesday 9 July 2008

Claude Monet The Shoot painting

Claude Monet The Shoot painting
Gustav Klimt Water Castle painting
kept there any longer. Mr. Leavitt had to give in, for the Douglases paid half his salary, so Fiske departed, and we had to depend on our Bibles once more for instructions on how to get to heaven. After he was gone Mr. Leavitt found out he was just a masquerading Methodist, and he felt pretty sick, believe me. Mr. Leavitt fell short in some ways, but he was a good, sound Presbyterian."
"By the way, I had a letter from Mr. Ford yesterday," said Anne. "He asked me to remember him kindly to you."
"I don't want his remembrances," said Miss Cornelia, curtly.
"Why?" said Anne, in astonishment. "I thought you liked him."
"Well, so I did, in a kind of way. But I'll never forgive him for what he done to Leslie. There's that poor child eating her heart out about him--as if she hadn't had trouble enough--and him ranting round Toronto, I've no doubt, enjoying himself same as ever. Just like a man."
"Oh, Miss Cornelia, how did you find out?"

No comments: