Friday 4 July 2008

Pino Desire painting

Pino Desire painting
Claude Monet The Picnic painting
to Mrs. Lynde or Marilla, there now!"
Nevertheless, when Davy was garbed in his gray flannel nighty, he did not seem in a hurry to begin. He stood before Anne, shuffling one bare foot over the other, and looked undecided.
"Come, dear, kneel down," said Anne.
Davy came and buried his head in Anne's lap, but he did not kneel down.
"Anne," he said in a muffled voice. "I don't feel like praying after all. I haven't felt like it for a week now. I -- I DIDN'T pray last night nor the night before."
"Why not, Davy?" asked Anne gently.
"You -- you won't be mad if I tell you?" implored Davy.
Anne lifted the little gray-flannelled body on her knee and cuddled his head on her arm.
"Do I ever get `mad' when you tell me things, Davy?"

No comments: