Thursday 28 August 2008

Rembrandt Rembrandt night watch painting

Rembrandt Rembrandt night watch paintingRembrandt Belshazzar's Feast paintingLord Frederick Leighton Leighton Flaming June painting
clicked it off before anyone could take it. "Beg pardon, Mr. Chancellor --"
"Turn it on!" Rexford said sharply.
I did so, bidding him please not to take it, as I needed it to get through Scrapegoat Grate.
"See here," said the youthful Chancellor, coming close to the light. He put his hand straightforwardly on my shoulder. "Are you working for the Nikolayans? Or for Maurice Stoker?"
"He is your brother, then?"
"Never mind! This is a crisis."
I swore by the Founder I was working for no one but studentdom and had no intention save the Grand-Tutorial one of passing the Finals and discovering the way to Commencement Gate, for myself and my classmates.
"Another nut," somebody said.
But the Chancellor himself, after turning my light-beam on me for a moment, said, "He might be okay." He asked what name I went by, where I'd got the batteries from, and how I happened not to have an ID-card. As I answered, briefly and frankly, the lights came on again, just enough to see by.

No comments: