Tuesday 26 August 2008

Zhang Xiaogang Two Sisters painting

Zhang Xiaogang Two Sisters paintingZhang Xiaogang The Big Family No. 3 paintingZhang Xiaogang My Dream Little General painting
And thin-skinned, too, this windy fool will find;
I'll break his contract and revoke his pension,
I swear itl

COMMITTEE CHAIRMAN: Mister Dean, sir --your attention?
What we mean, sir, is that inasmuch
as you contrived to save us from the clutch
of that she-monster at our entrance-gate --
who quizzed us with her riddle and then ate
us when we flunked --since you alone, I say,
by some device were able, on that day
nine years ago, to get her off our back,
you must have had some influence that we lack
with the powers-that-be. I don't think it was knowledge
(I know more learned men in Cadmus or wisdom, either; simply good connections.
Therefore, in the subsequent elections
you won the Cadmus deanship and your wife,
the old Dean's widow. . .

TALIPED: Don't review my life;
I know the story twice as well as you.

"Ididn't," Greene whispered into my ear. "I'm glad the old man let us in on it."
"Shh,"somebody hissed behind us.

COMMITTEE CHAIRMAN: [Aside]
Hetellsit twice as well and often, too.
[TO TALIPED]

No comments: