Friday 5 September 2008

Benjamin Williams Leader paintings

Benjamin Williams Leader paintings
Bartolome Esteban Murillo paintings
Berthe Morisot paintings
With sudden pertinence, as he still addressed some distant scene the black man said, "Ain't no bones broke. Little goat's-milk, this here child stand straight as the Clock-tower." Then he was off again:

"'One mo' river,' say the Founder-Man Boss:
'Y'all gone Graduate soon's y'all cross.' "

"Why does he talk like that?" I cried.
For just a second George seemed as it were to come truly to himself. Half-laughing, yet something indignantly, he complained to my keeper: "How come you never learnt him to stand up straight?"
Now Max seemed as distraught as I. "Ach,George, forgive! And Billy -- forgive, forgive!"
I was astonished to see misery where I'd looked for wrath. Max embraced the elderly black man, even went to his knees before him. "Love this man, Billy," he commanded me. "This is what it is to be EATen alive -- and he suffered it for your sake, to save once!"

No comments: