Monday 29 September 2008

Montague Dawson paintings

Montague Dawson paintings
Mary Cassatt paintings
Maxfield Parrish paintings
After half an hour I said what I had been pondering ever since we started.
“Billy, this is a crazy Business. I’m willing to call the bet off if you are.”
But he answered gravely.
“I’m sorry, my friend, but I’m not going to lose the opportunity of making a fiver.”
Then there was silence again until Anderson looked back from the wheel and said:
“Look here, Billy, let’s stop at this pub and then go Home. I can lend you a fiver or more if you want it. You needn’t pay me until you want to.”
But Billy was resolute:
“No, Dick, I owe enough already. I should like to earn an honest meal for once.”
So Anderson drove on and soon we came into sight of the grim place which Craine had

No comments: