Sunday 5 October 2008

George Frederick Watts Orlando Pursuing the Fata Morgana painting

George Frederick Watts Orlando Pursuing the Fata Morgana paintingGeorge Frederick Watts Watts Choosing paintingFrancisco de Zurbaran Still life with Oranges painting
Did it?...Did I?’
In the instant her rage was gone; her tears, newly flowing, were on my cheek. I held her at arm’s length and she put down her head, stroking my hand on her shoulder with her face, catlike, but, unlike a cat, leaving a tear there.
‘Cat on the roof-top,’ I said.
‘Beast!’
She bit at my hand, but when I did not move it and her teeth touched me, she changed the bite to a kiss, the kiss to a lick of her tongue.
‘Cat in the moonlight.’
This was the mood I knew. We turned towards the house. When we came to the lighted hall she said: ‘Your poor face,’ touching the weals with her fingers. ‘Will there be a mark tomorrow?’
‘I expect so.’

No comments: